#PIB83 Share your journey: Medina King
Medina King-Sam is the only London based children’s Interior Designer and Child Wellness Expert that creates personalised, colourful and fun bedrooms and playrooms for children. With almost a decade of experience in the Interior Design profession, she has built a client base of successful professionals across Chelsea and Kensington, Mayfair, Hampstead, Islington, and Surrey. With a calm, down to earth personality and the technical skills of an interior designer Medina has won the hearts of many clients and have designed amazing spaces for families with young children. Her skills are vast, ranging from plan drawings, fabric and furniture sourcing, colour consulting, designing bespoke storage solutions and project managing making her the ‘one stop design shop’ for your child’s or children’s rooms.
What contributes most to Medina’s success as an Interior Designer and Child Wellness Expert is her understanding of the impact a space can have on children and how to best design a space that will have a positive contribution to children’s wellbeing.
After working a few years in furniture retail while she pursued a Bachelors of Arts degree in Interior Design at the renowned University of the Arts London, Medina has developed an extensive knowledge on designer furniture and trending accessories. Medina is also an experienced Interior Stylist and has worked on Stills and Commercials for projects, such as for Kitchens Bedrooms and Bathrooms magazine, Hilary’s Blinds, Argos, Microsoft, John Lewis and Workx.
Medina is passionate about the development of children and also run’s workshops, teaching children ‘arts & crafts’ and ‘interior design.’ Through MK Kids Interiors Medina gives confidence to children by involving them in the design process of their rooms
In this episode you’ll find out about:
- Details about Medina’s interior design business
- Details about Medina’s family
- Medina talks about how she ended up following her dreams and becoming an interior designer
- Medina talks about the support she received from the prince’s trust
- Fears she had and the discrimination she has faced
- Details about her upcoming workshop for children
- How she manages running a business and family life
- Medina talks about who inspires her
- Advice to parents who are starting up a business
- Medina talks about what success looks like for her
- Future plans
MK Kids Interiors
MK Kids Interiors Instagram
MK Kids Interiors Twitter
MK Kids Interiors Facebook
MK Kids Interiors Pinterest
Nesting Properties Instagram
Nesting Properties Twitter
Nesting Properties Facebook
Thanks for listening!