#PIB74 Share your journey: Meghan Potts
Meghan Potts mother of 4 is the founder and owner of Candy Rain Plymouth a nail salon. Meghan started her business from home due to expecting another child, and lack of space at home Meghan got help from the prince’s trust to open her nail salon.
Despite having bricks and mortar business, Meghan thinks it’s very important to prioritize her family and ensure she spends enough time with her children. She works three days a week and prioritizes what’s important.
Candy Rain believes it is vital to give back to your community. They work with women (mostly) on a daily basis, so they feel passionate about supporting women’s charities. Here are two very productive charities they are supporting this year.
The charities they support are:
Pregnancy Crisis Care is a Plymouth-based charity helping women and their partners with any pregnancy-related crisis by providing free, confidential, impartial support and counselling.
Hope House is one of the most successful female residential programmes in the UK. Since Hope House opened up in April 1996 hundreds of young women, have been helped by this center based in South Wales and the staff has seen many families restored.
Teen Challenge UK is a registered charity and operates nationally to help young people who have developed life-controlling problems, especially drug and alcohol addictions, and also to offer preventative help to those who may be in danger of doing so.
In this episode you’ll find out about:
- Details about Meghan’s business and family
- How he got started with Candy Rain
- Fears she has had along the way to do with finances and the help she got from the prince’s trust.
- The challenges she has faced with customers, staff, and feedback
- How she creates harmony between business and family
- Meghan gives insight into her routine
- How a nanny had helped with work/life balance
- How she manages the school holidays
- Advice for fellow parents in business
- Tips and advice on things she has learned on her journey
- Future plans
Thanks for listening!