5 things I reflected on when I turned 40
I turned 40 last year and thought I would write a short but sweet post on the 5 things I reflected on during that time.
- Gratitude. I am so grateful for all the experiences that life has put me through; everything I have been through has been a lesson. Sometimes the thing with lessons is that at the time when you are going through a rough patch, you can’t see what the lesson is. It is only when you come out the other side and reflect, you see what the lesson taught you.
- Health. I have suffered from chronic migraines since the age of 13, and although at times they can be debilitating, I am grateful that my health otherwise is good. I know people who are my age that have worse health complaints than me.
- Family. I could go on and on about how much my family mean to me. I am truly grateful for every family member – they have all had an impact on my life in some shape or form. My family has always been supportive of me, and my mum has been my rock – she always has my back.
- Confidence. I am confident and happy with the woman I have become over the years. My confidence has grown and I no longer doubt my abilities. Of course, the odd doubtful thought has come to my mind from time to time but I know how to deal with those thoughts – I weed them out and sow positive ones.
- Peace & Forgiveness. In order to grow and have peace of mind, I have learned to forgive and let go of things and people that add no value to my life. For me, carrying around grudges and bad feelings towards people is too much baggage to bear.
Told you, short but sweet, and may I add age is just a number 🙂